Are property management companies worth it? A question our clients never have to ask; however, you might wonder… should I pay the small yearly cost or do it myself?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Can I dedicate time and effort to be available at all hours and run the property by myself on a full-time basis?
- Do I know all the latest local property laws?
- Can I manage to oversee tradespeople or contractors?
- Do I know how to perform background checks and run credit checks on potential tenants?
- Will I be available at any time of the day for my tenants?
Benefits of using a Property Manager who cares:
- Reliable tenants
- Fewer legal issues
- Efficient rent collection process
- Less stress, more free time
- Less overall costs (management and maintenance)
- Maximised returns
- Tax Benefits
- Appropriate insurance cover
- Short term vacancy
- Long term lease